Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Book Is Here!

Greetings all!

I'm so happy to announce that my book is here! It was released nationwide last Thursday and we're off to a great start! First off, I just want to say thank you to all those who have purchased the book and are sending me great feedback. I guess you just don't figure on people actually loving your work...a nice "settling for it" will do. But it's been anything but that. The response has been overwhelming and I'm so blessed.

My first Book Release Party was so much fun! About 65+ people gathered together at New Life Christian Church in Depauville last Friday night. My sweet Jenny introduced me and then I set up for a reading of chapter 20 complete with a flute/bass/drums soundtrack playing in the background (many thanks to Chris Harvey).What I thought would be a simply round of applause burst into an emotional and heartfelt adulation. They got it. And what a felling it was. After about 30 seconds of clapping we moved into a Q&A session where I took questions on publishing, writing, and inspiration. It gave me a chance to talk about the book, my wonderful publisher (www.tsabahouse.com), and the process of writing and the Lord opening doors for your gifts. Thanks to all who bought the book and continue to support this ministry! Also many thanks to my surprise visit from Ron and Val Sykes (our bassist/pianist and worship dancer with CHB) who drove all the way out from Rochester to surprise me! Wow!

The next day we journeyed south into my hometown of Dryden, NY for my fist ever library signing at the Southworth Library. I admitted to the Library Director, Sarah Dovi, that I still had late fees there, but she assured me that my donation of an autographed copy of the book would cover it.What a thrill it was to see so many old friends and to actually be sitting at my old library, but this time on the other end of things. Sarah and her wonderful staff had set up a beautiful little table outside complete with sign and balloons.I did my best to stay out of the sun to keep my head from gettin' red! It was a perfect day. Thank you Jesus! Many thanks to Sarah and Southworth Library; see you next summer!

That's all for now! Stay posted for the new website due out this week!

CH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home